If you are looking for a great opportunity with a diverse and growing organization, then look to AAA Hudson Valley.
We offer our employees numerous benefits, such as:
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision coverage
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Personal/sick time
AAA Hudson Valley provides towing, recover and battery service to members needing emergency roadside assistance. Members can also save money at our travel agency, travel store and with our Auto and Home insurance options. We provide our services in Albany, Rensselaer, Columbia and Greene Counties, NY and these areas of Saratoga County, NY: the villages of Stillwater and Waterford and the city of Mechanicville.
Please use the link next to the job title to apply online. You may also fax your resume to 518-426-5981, or mail it to 618 Delaware Ave., Albany, NY 12209. Include salary requirements with your submission. Please indicate the position for which you are applying in a cover letter, if mailing or faxing your resume to our office.
We appreciate your interest in AAA. Due to the number of applicants, we can respond to qualified candidates only. No phone calls please.
We're hiring for the following jobs:
FULL-TIME DRIVERS APPLY ONLINE
AAA Hudson Valley provides towing, recovery and battery service to members needing emergency roadside assistance. We provide our services in Albany, Rensselaer, Columbia and Greene Counties.
- Provide roadside assistance for emergency towing and recovery services
- Operate a flat bed or a traditional wheel lift vehicle and/or a battery service vehicle
- Candidates will cross train
- Keep tools, paperwork, receipts and cash bag organized
- Maintain clean vehicle, inside and out
- Present a professional, courteous and sympathetic demeanor
- Flexible to work a schedule that includes evenings, days, weekends and holidays
- Be on call as needed
- Complete a successful background check
- Complete a successful pre-employment drug screen and DOT physical
- Clean driver's license is required
- Non-CDL license is acceptable for either the service vehicle or the flat bed
- Towing endorsement required to drive flat beds
- Automotive knowledge is very helpful
- Computer skills including using tablets/iPads and sending/receiving emails
- Excellent customer service and communication skills are necessary
- Have a positive and enthusiastic manner with an emphasis on helping people in tough situations
- Able to tolerate the elements all year round
- Emphasis is always on safety in all situations
- Towing experience of year or more is a strong plus
Job Type: Full-time
FULL-TIME LEISURE TRAVEL AGENT APPLY ONLINE
- Guide members and customers on travel planning while providing exceptional customer service
- Promote AAA preferred suppliers and promote their member benefits
- Process Membership questions, renewals, changes, updates
- Promote and sell all travel store merchandise, discounted tickets and financial products
- 2 - 4 years of experience as a leisure travel agent with travel background
- Knowledge of Apollo reservation system and airport codes is preferred
- Ability to generate new leads and achieve goals.
- Flexible to work into the early evenings, on a weekend shift and in all service centers within the Albany, Troy, Latham and North Greenbush service area
- Strong customer service, basic travel accounting, good organizational skills and computer skills
- Ability to communicate effectively in person, on the telephone and via email
- Knowledge of US and global geography
- Ability to perform internet research on travel destinations
Job Type: Full-time
FULL-TIME DISPATCHERS APPLY ONLINE
JOB TITLE: Dispatcher 24-7 Business
JOB SUMMARY: Primarily responsible for dispatching tow trucks for incoming emergency road service calls to support our members. Provide total member satisfaction to members at all times.
- Receives incoming emergency road service calls from customers on phone.
- Dispatches and routes tow trucks to correct locations utilizing digital dispatching software. Follow up on emergency calls to insure customers receive road service.
- Communicates with Contractors to verify service.
- Updates members and handles customer call back requests concerning a pending call status.
- Contacts different clubs to verify memberships.
- Supports the Membership Department as needed.
- Provides club information to visiting customers or over the phone.
- Provide total member satisfaction to members at all times.
- And/or other duties as may be assigned.
- Previous dispatching experience is required.
- Good customer service skills are desired
- Knowledge of local geography is desired.
- Microsoft Office proficiency is required
Job Type: Full-time