AAA Hudson Valley Career Opportunities
Job Fair/Open House - 12/8/2022 4 PM until 7 PM
On Thursday, December 8 from 4-7 PM, stop into 618 Delaware Ave, Albany for an on-the-spot interview, no resume necessary. We're looking for Members Service Associates, Drivers (both Tow and Service), Travel Agents, Insurance Agents, Dispatchers, Call-Takers and more. Want to apply now? View some descriptions below. Email resume to email@example.com or stop in for an application.
If you are looking for a great opportunity with a diverse and growing organization, then look to AAA Hudson Valley.
We offer our employees numerous benefits, such as:
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid training
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
AAA Hudson Valley provides towing, recover and battery service to members needing emergency roadside assistance. Members can also save money at our travel agency, travel store and with our Auto and Home insurance options. We provide our services in Albany, Rensselaer, Columbia and Greene Counties, NY and these areas of Saratoga County, NY: the villages of Stillwater and Waterford and the city of Mechanicville.
Please use the link next to the job title to apply online. You may also fax your resume to 518-426-5981, or mail it to 618 Delaware Ave., Albany, NY 12209. Include salary requirements with your submission. Please indicate the position for which you are applying in a cover letter, if mailing or faxing your resume to our office.
We appreciate your interest in AAA. Due to the number of applicants, we can respond to qualified candidates only. No phone calls please.
We're hiring for the following jobs:
FULL-TIME DRIVERS APPLY ONLINE
AAA Hudson Valley provides towing, recovery and battery service to members needing emergency roadside assistance. We provide our services in Albany, Rensselaer, Columbia and Greene Counties.
- Provide roadside assistance for emergency towing and recovery services
- Operate a flat bed or a traditional wheel lift vehicle and/or a battery service vehicle
- Candidates will cross train
- Keep tools, paperwork, receipts and cash bag organized
- Maintain clean vehicle, inside and out
- Present a professional, courteous and sympathetic demeanor
- Flexible to work a schedule that includes evenings, days, weekends and holidays
- Be on call as needed
- Complete a successful background check
- Complete a successful pre-employment drug screen and DOT physical
- Clean driver's license is required
- Non-CDL license is acceptable for either the service vehicle or the flat bed
- Towing endorsement required to drive flat beds
- Automotive knowledge is very helpful
- Computer skills including using tablets/iPads and sending/receiving emails
- Excellent customer service and communication skills are necessary
- Have a positive and enthusiastic manner with an emphasis on helping people in tough situations
- Able to tolerate the elements all year round
- Emphasis is always on safety in all situations
- Towing experience of year or more is a strong plus
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 - $21.00 per hour
FULL-TIME DISPATCHERS APPLY ONLINE
JOB TITLE: Dispatcher 24-7 Business 3 pm - 11 pm shift
JOB SUMMARY: Primarily responsible for dispatching tow trucks for incoming emergency road service calls to support our members. Provide total member satisfaction to members at all times.
- Receives incoming emergency road service calls from customers on phone.
- Dispatches and routes tow trucks to correct locations utilizing digital dispatching software. Follow up on emergency calls to insure customers receive road service.
- Communicates with Contractors to verify service.
- Updates members and handles customer call back requests concerning a pending call status.
- Contacts different clubs to verify memberships.
- Supports the Membership Department as needed.
- Provides club information to visiting customers or over the phone.
- Provide total member satisfaction to members at all times.
- And/or other duties as may be assigned.
- Previous dispatching experience is required.
- Good customer service skills are desired
- Knowledge of local geography is desired.
- Microsoft Office proficiency is required
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 - $20.00 per hour
FULL-TIME TRAVEL AGENTS APPLY ONLINE
As a Full-Time Travel Agent, you will join our customer-friendly atmosphere and team environment. You will work with clients and handle all aspects of travel planning: research, literature, maps, and related documents. Will provide international/domestic airfare, car, hotel, cruise, and tour reservations while offering travel support as needed.
- Guide members and clients on travel planning while providing exceptional customer service
- Promote AAA preferred suppliers and promote their member benefits
- Process Membership questions, renewals, changes, updates
- Promote and sell all travel store merchandise, discounted tickets and financial products
2 - 4 years of experience as a leisure travel agent
Knowledge of airport codes is preferred
Ability to generate new leads and achieve sales goals
Flexible to work into the early evenings, on a weekend shift and in all service centers within the Albany, Troy, Latham and North Greenbush service area
Strong customer service, basic travel accounting, good organizational skills, and computer skills.
Ability to communicate effectively in person, on the telephone, and via email
Knowledge of US and global geography
Ability to perform internet research on travel destinations
Benefits offered: -Medical insurance -Dental insurance -Vision coverage -Life insurance -401(k) plan -Vacation -Personal/sick time
Please include salary requirements when submitting a resume. Only candidates with relevant experience will be considered. No Phone calls, please.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 - $20.00 per hour
HIGHLY SKILLED MEMBER SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE
AAA Hudson Valley is seeking HIGHLY SKILLED Member Service Representatives.
Professional and skilled leaders, enthusiastic, and customer service-driven candidates needed to assist members in a variety of ways, through mapping out road trips, membership services, and helping members with Emergency Road Service calls. This is a fast paced and sometimes intense environment. Candidates should handle pressure well, give outstanding customer service at all times and be a lead to others
This candidate must have polished phone skills.
The candidate will also process TripTiks, selling discounted attractions tickets & travel store merchandise, issuing foreign currency, gift cards, and other travel money products. A representative will process new club memberships, renewals, and answer membership-related questions, in person, by email, and by phone. Member representatives will also be trained on receiving emergency roadside service calls for members who need towing and recovery services. Other duties as assigned.
This is a busy position and one must have the ability to multi-task. The candidate must be computer savvy and be able to learn new software.
- Customer Service experience required
- Excellent communication skills required
- Excellent organization skills are strongly desired
- Knowledge of local and national geography desired
- Prior cash handling experience required
- Proficiently using word processing and spreadsheet software desired.
- The schedule would include weekdays and either a Saturday or Sunday every weekend. We are looking for individuals that have flexibility from 7 am to 6 pm.
Job Type: Full Time
Pay: $16.00 - $19.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Weekend availability
- Customer Service: 2 years (Required)
Work Location: Multiple locations
Work Remotely: No