The AAA Approved Auto Repair (AAR) program was created to address one of the most frequent consumer complaints in America - unsatisfactory automobile repairs. The AAR program does this by directing members and other consumers to AAA-approved repair facilities that meet and maintain high professional standards.
Shops in AAA Hudson Valleys approved shop network include:
- AAA Approved Auto Repair
- AAA Approved Auto Body
- AAA Approved Service (Maintenance)
- AAA Approved Service (Motorcycle Specialty)
Facilities in the AAA approved programs have been inspected and certified by AAA to meet stringent quality standards in the areas of: community reputation, facility appearance, customer service, staff qualifications and training, and tools and equipment. AAA members receive the following benefits when you employ the services of an approved facility:
- Priority Service - When a member’s vehicle is towed into the Approved facility by AAA, the facility will attempt to diagnose the problem and complete the repairs within one hour of vehicle arrival. If a repair or diagnosis cannot be completed within one hour the approved facility will provide a written estimate
- Written Estimate– You will be provided a written estimate of the cost of all work to be performed on your vehicle. The cost of the work performed may not exceed the estimate by more than 10 percent unless authorized by you in advance. Local and state regulations will take precedence regarding notification of repair costs.
- Discount – The approved facility will provide members with a discount on customer-paid, retail-price repairs. (a minimum of 10% on labor up to $50 effective 12-15-2015)
- Alternate Transportation – If necessary, the approved facility will assist the member in obtaining alternate transportation. This may include, but is not limited to: offering shuttle service, providing a loaner car, making arrangements for the member to obtain a rental car or calling a taxi cab for the member.
- Warranty – Unless otherwise specified in writing prior to the start of work, all repairs (both parts and labor) are guaranteed for a minimum of 24 months or 24,000 miles, whichever comes first.
- Free Maintenance Inspection – On request, when having paid repair work done by an AAR facility, your vehicle will be inspected at no charge for items that most frequently contribute to roadside breakdowns. When you pick up your vehicle, you will receive a written recommendation of any needed maintenance or repairs.
- Return of Parts – As evidence of work performed, all replaced parts will be returned to you, provided you request them at the time you deliver your vehicle for service. Parts that must be returned to the manufacturer under a warranty or exchange program are excluded, but must, on request, will be available for inspection when you pick up your vehicle.
- Dispute Resolution – AAA will investigate any dispute between you (AAA member) and this facility. AAA's resolution decision is binding on this facility, but you are not bound by AAA's decision and may seek recourse through other avenues.
AAA Approved Auto Repair
Approved Auto Repair shops provide:
- Minor engine repair
- Light mechanical service, including belts, hoses, fluid service, thermostat replacement, miscellaneous safety and convenience items (e.g. wiper systems, headlights, etc.).
- Engine performance (gasoline)
- Electrical systems, including 12 volt system diagnostics & service, starting, charging, alternator, battery, lamps, and fuses.
- Tire service, including change, repair, and replace tires.
- Steering and suspension services.
- Normal brake service (ABS diagnostics and repair not included)
Approved shops may also provide:
- Heating and air conditioning services
- Major engine repairs
- Automatic transmission services
- Manual transmission services
- Rear axle services
- Engine performance (diesel)
AAA Approved Auto Body Services
Any auto collision repair or body shop facility that meets AAA's standards, agrees to abide by the terms of the Approved Auto Body contract, and has been in business a minimum of one year is eligible to participate in the Approved Auto Body program.
Note: Insurance companies cannot tell you where to get your car repaired. You have the right to have your vehicle repaired in the body shop of your choice.
Approved Auto Body shops provide:
- Frame repair
- Paint and detailing
- Body and unibody services
- Accident–related mechanical
AAA Approved Service
Approved Auto Service programs have also been inspected and certified by AAA to meet stringent quality standards in the areas of: community reputation, facility appearance, customer service, staff qualifications and training, and tools and equipment.