PLEASE NOTE - Effective March 18, 2020 COVID-19 Precautions
For the safety of our members, staff and contractors, members who require a tow will need alternate transportation. Other services may be impacted also.
AAA membership provides 24-hour Emergency Roadside Assistance 7 days a week. AAA roadside service helps you get back on the go when the vehicle you are driving or riding in has an unexpected problem. AAA road service is provided to members driving 4-wheeled passenger vehicles that are in regular use, registered and plated.
Understanding Your Roadside Assistance Coverage
All membership plans include 4 service calls per year, per member. You’re covered in any passenger car you ride or drive in. Service calls can include:
- Tow your car after an accident or breakdown
- Jump your car battery after it dies unexpectedly
- Unlock your car when you’ve locked your keys inside the car
- Deliver fuel when you’re run out of gas on the road
- Repair your flat tire and provide other minor car repair services
- Bicycle recovery service is covered in certain counties
How to Request AAA Road Service 24/7:
- Call the AAA Roadside Assistance phone number: 800-AAA-HELP (800-222-4357)
- Or call your local AAA office: 518-426-1000
- Request service online
- Request service with the AAA Mobile app for iPhone and Android
When requesting Emergency Road Service, please tell us:
- Your name & membership number
- Expiration date or Renewal Date of membership
- Club Name & Club Code number (AAA Hudson Valley is 080) - ABOVE ITEMS ARE LISTED ON MEMBERSHIP CARD
- Make, model, color, year of vehicle
- License plate number and state
- Nature of trouble with your vehicle
- Exact location of the vehicle (town, borough, street, etc.)
- Nearest cross street
ARE YOU A RECENT CUSTOMER?
How did we do? Give us your feedback! We appreciate receiving your thoughts.
NOTES: AAA must have been called first. Delays, police ordered tows, severe weather, etc, do not necessarily warrant reimbursement. When reimbursement is agreed upon, it will be at AAA Contractor rates, which may be less than private garage. This completed form and original receipts in member's name must be received by AAA within 30 days of service.
Know When Your Service Truck Will Arrive
When you opt-in to text messaging, AAA can send you updates on when your truck will arrive. Standard text message rates will apply. With our GPS-enabled trucks, you can see the truck on its way to you with Service Tracker. If Service Tracker is available, AAA will text you a link to track your truck on your mobile phone, tablet or computer.
AAA Fleet and Quality Service Providers
AAA Hudson Valley uses its own trucks and drivers, plus quality local contractors. We perform background checks on all of our drivers and contractors. Calls to our office number are answered by local operators all day every day. We dispatch AAA Fleet trucks right from our Albany garage.
AAA provides certain auto services at affordable prices. With that in mind, some services are not included with your membership.
- AAA does not tow vehicles that are not properly registered and plated.
- AAA does not tow cars currently not in need of road service that simply need to be transported. Examples include delivery to a salvage yard or to a new owner.
- During winter months, your vehicle needs to be free of snow and ice for AAA to provide service.
- AAA Membership is not designed to replace regular vehicle maintenance.
- All services are subject to the details in the AAA Member Handbook.