PLEASE NOTE - Effective March 18, 2020 COVID-19 Precautions
For the safety of our members, staff and contractors, we have suspended battery service (jumpstarts will still be provided) and members who require a tow will need alternate transportation.
AAA membership provides 24-hour Emergency Roadside Assistance 7 days a week. AAA roadside service helps you get back on the go when the vehicle you are driving or riding in has an unexpected problem. AAA road service is provided to members driving 4-wheeled passenger vehicles that are in regular use, registered and plated.
How to Request AAA Road Service 24/7:
- Call the AAA Roadside Assistance phone number: 800-AAA-HELP (800-222-4357)
- Or call your local AAA office: 518-426-1000
- Request service online
- Request service with the AAA Mobile app for iPhone and Android
When requesting Emergency Road Service, please tell us:
- Your name & membership number
- Expiration date or Renewal Date of membership
- Club Name & Club Code number (AAA Hudson Valley is 080) - ABOVE ITEMS ARE LISTED ON MEMBERSHIP CARD
- Make, model, color, year of vehicle
- License plate number and state
- Nature of trouble with your vehicle
- Exact location of the vehicle (town, borough, street, etc.)
- Nearest cross street
ARE YOU A RECENT CUSTOMER?
How did we do? Give us your feedback! We appreciate receiving your thoughts.
NOTES: AAA must have been called first. Delays, police ordered tows, severe weather, etc, do not necessarily warrant reimbursement. When reimbursement is agreed upon, it will be at AAA Contractor rates, which may be less than private garage. This completed form and original receipts in member's name must be received by AAA within 30 days of service.
How to Track Your AAA Service Truck
You can opt-in text messages to get updates on when your truck will arrive. Standard text message rates will apply. With our GPS-enabled trucks, you can see the truck on its way to you with Service Tracker. AAA will text you a link to track your truck.
Understanding Your Roadside Assistance Coverage
All membership plans include 4 service calls per year, per member. You’re covered in any passenger car you ride or drive in. Service calls can include:
- AAA Towing: For towing services, we’ll send a tow truck from our Albany garage to tow your car to the destination of your choice. Mileage included with your membership plan is free. Additional mileage cost is $3.75 per mile plus tax ($4.05). Compare membership plans.
- AAA Flat tire repair service: We can inflate and install your spare tire. If you have locking lug nuts, you’ll need to provide us with the key. For a small fee, AAA can plug a tire if it is safe to do so. Tire plugs are not a permanent repair. Learn More
- AAA Jumpstart service: AAA drivers can jumpstart your car battery. Weather permitting, AAA can do an on-site battery test and provide roadside battery replacement. You can purchase a new battery at a discounted price, which AAA will install for free. Learn More
- AAA Gas delivery: We’ll deliver a few gallons if you run out of gas. Basic members pay current gas prices. Learn More
- AAA Locksmith services: If you lock the keys in your car, we’ll send a locksmith to unlock your door. Learn More
- AAA Approved Auto Repair: If your card needs service, AAA can suggest a local Approved Auto Repair shop. Search for a shop now. Learn More
AAA Fleet and Quality Service Providers
AAA Hudson Valley uses its own trucks and drivers, plus quality local contractors. We perform background checks on all of our drivers and contractors. Calls to our office number are answered by local operators all day every day. We dispatch AAA Fleet trucks right from our Albany garage.
AAA provides certain auto services at affordable prices. With that in mind, some services are not included with your membership.
- AAA does not tow vehicles that are not properly registered and plated.
- AAA does not tow cars currently not in need of road service that simply need to be transported. Examples include delivery to a salvage yard or to a new owner.
- During winter months, your vehicle needs to be free of snow and ice for AAA to provide service.
- AAA Membership is not designed to replace regular vehicle maintenance.
- All services are subject to the details in the AAA Member Handbook. Read the AAA Hudson Valley handbook online now. To request a paper copy, give us a call at 518-426-1000 or email us.