Only 1 out of every 5 car seats is installed correctly or used properly! Let AAA Hudson Valley's Traffic Safety Team’s certified Child Passenger Safety Technicians educate you on proper car seat usage and show you how to install your safety seats correctly.
Call (518) 426-1000 ext. 2441 to schedule an appointment.
Or Come To A Safe Kids Car Seat Check Event
Child Seat Loaner Program
Need a child safety seat for a short period of time? Ever wonder if the child seat you rented with your rental car is safe, and properly maintained?
There are many reasons you may need a child safety seat. Whether you’d like to take your niece with you on vacation, or you’re helping a friend with a short-term child care issue, don’t trust used garage sale seats to protect your precious cargo. AAA members have a better option!
AAA Hudson Valley will not only loan you a safe child restraint, but one of our trained Child Safety Seat Educators will help you install the seat in your vehicle, as well!
- The loaner program is a FREE AAA member benefit; however, a deposit will be required to insure the undamaged return of the seat to our Albany Office.
- The loaner seat must be returned within 30 days.
- Seats will be inspected upon their return to make sure they can be safely used again.
- Seats will also be registered with their manufacturer to make sure no recalls exist.
Reserve your loaner safety seat 1-4 weeks ahead to insure the correct seat and installation help is available. Please have the child’s age, height and weight available when you call.
To reserve your loaner safety seat simply call 518.426.1000 ext. 2441.
Child Safety Seat Information
AAA Hudson Valley recommends following these steps for a lifetime of safe travel:
- Select a car seat based on your child's age and size, choose a seat that fits in your vehicle and use that seat every time.
- Always refer to your specific car seat manufacturer's instructions.
- Read the vehicle owner's manual on how to install the car seat using the seat belt or LATCH system, and check height and weight limits.
- To maximize safety, keep your child in the car seat for as long as possible, as long as the child fits within the manufacturer's height and weight requirements.
- Keep your child in the back seat at least through age 12.
- Car Seat Guide
- Top 12 Mistakes For Car Seats (PDF)
- New Recommendations Hand Out (PDF)
- Booster Seat 5 Step Test (PDF)
- NYS Occupant Restraint Law (PDF)